On Monday January 16, the antenna mast in which I have a double discone antenna suddenly broke. I was out taking the rubbish to the bin when I heard a strange noise, and I saw what happened. The next day I dismantled the mast and antenna. The mast was repairable, I took the angle grinder and cut off the damaged part of the section about 50 - 60 cm. Drilled some new holes and it was usable again, just a little shorter. The Discone antenna was in bad shape so I bought a new antenna. Assembled everything and up with new antenna on Wednesday January 25th. I took some photos of the event with my cell phone.
To see in larger format click on the images.
|Antenna mast broken.
|Repaired mast and new antenna up in the air.
Moonraker Scanking wideband vertical 25 - 2000 MHz.